Saturday, November 05, 2011

November

Today (and last night), everything needed to recover from 60+ hours spent slamming numbers and racing deadlines last week.

First. Last night, a Sangria and Tapas dinner with beautiful and inspiring friends + two new girls, equally beautiful and inspiring, though I'd only exchanged a handful of sentences with them.

Today, up early, black coffee, see the sisters and their guys helping Mom move boxes out of her storage unit. Home for a nap with the cats. A stroll up to the Red Twig for tea with Madeleine L'engle and Sylvia Plath. Home again, laundry, does it ever go away?

Now that orange glow of November sleepily drops and the cold sharp night is eager to appear again.

And I, am rested, and ready to spend tomorrow rehearsing Thanksgiving dinner. Cider-glazed Turkey and I don't know what else. But if there's anything worth doing in the fall, it is partaking of cider.

No comments: