Monday, February 21, 2005

wow i've never felt like such a sloth. i just had 4 days off and have struggled all day with whether we call this sunday or monday. the earliest i've risen is 9am, and each day has been given a nap. i've had lasagna, el puerto's, doritos, icecream, and have taken only one walk. hmmmnnn new jeans? in my sluggishness i did have some mighty notable times. first let's agree, that our weather is marvelous in a very disfuncitonal way. i was considering it, and i think the best way to explain what's happening here is that, and i'm going to put this frankly: Seattle is going through menopause. Yup. Hot flashes, freezing, dry, romantic, frantic weather we've got here. I always suspected Seattle had a woman's touch to it. My only fear is that having such a dry February will cause the floodgates to open in April, and keep us from slurping up the sun as much as last year. We shall see.
What I was going to say, was that having this beautiful place to live in tempts me to take long walks. I hoped to get ahold of Janna on Friday for good company on one, and as I stood at Brackett's Landing debating whether or not to disturb her, over the seagulls and train blows I heard a "SHARON BARBOUR" and it was she. ..Janna Shields with a wizard of oz color arrangement thanks to her ruby hair, baby blue jacket and everyother bright color imaginable keeping her warm.
We ventured from the sand to the little roundabout above the rockery and in our conversation she assured me that no one uses more body language than herself as she explained to me recent events of her life, jumping onto rocks, squirming on the ground, twirling in confusion, it was really a site for my brown eyes. Our time ended with a hug and thoughts of gardening at the ferry dock as she returned to her life in Kingston and I to my open friday night. Later Stefanie and I went to Rory's for spicy shrimp and cider, well I had cider and she had several long islands and some other forms of alcohol i don't know about and as expected there were people from highschool there which made for my amusement, being rather sober. I cannot for the life of me recall saturday. and sunday was more of the same. today though, I got to have coffee with a girl from highschool who always intrigued me but i never knew very well, i interviewed her for an assignment and am so excited to have gotten to know such a beautiful person better. Afterwards I stalked Kiersten (as is the case often) until I found her parked on Sunset and forced her to have lunch with me at El Puerto's, we took a delicate stroll and sat on the back of her volvo talking about what i can't remember, until my toes were numb. After that, another nap, more homework, more coffee, and now more homework. Two last statements : I am infatuated with Lacey Kirkendofer and am heartbroken that I didn't get to see Cari this weekend, and no one lives up to their middle name better than Amber...read her blog, you'll agree: www.mintyfreshdesign.com/mintyblog

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You had to say that because you know I've been reading your blog :) You are funny. I love you. Look forward to seeing you Thursday.