Wednesday, February 02, 2005

what i wish right now is that i was 17 years old sitting on kiersten's bed, nodding off to a movie while waiting for Ian's van to pick us up for another night of iceblocking. i wish my only worry was whether or not brett would know it was us who stole things out of his car during the night. i miss my honda's boat motor of a muffler. i wish janna was still bothered by "girl's nights" and being serenaded by Queen songs. I wish Bobby were here making those awful hats out of rocket ship felt. I wish Bobby were stealing something of mine and then throwing it at me. I wish Lauren Johnson was eating an entire pizza and planning on making chocolate chip cookies after. I miss walking for hours with Dylan and him telling the world that i'm a "fecalpheliac". I miss Joe B threatening to eat me. I miss Brian asking me if I have "any depth at all". I miss mapquesting our drama teacher's house and then leaving squashes on his doorstep. I miss Melissa being extremely abnormal. All of it. Oh man, i'd go back so quickly, i wonder if everyone else would. no people have ever known me so well, and maybe that's what i miss.never laughed that much, never been hugged so often. Donut club and the oppresive Danish Club.The Greenroom. The Lightbooth. The Catwalk. PC. October Fest. Roll Call-Curtain...Mr. Pozzi. Jim Sipes. My Little Buttercup. Licorice whipping. The Make-up song. The make-up mirror. Chris Forbis. RC. Chris Garvey (who i see everywhere).
It's so bizarre to see everyone now, knowing how inseperable we once were. And it seems so very long ago. And Bobby will be home in 3 months and can we please go camping and let him tell us again how he was chased by coyotes while sleepwalking. Oh bobby. i'd kiss a racoon right now if I could just hear him exaggerate the truth. Anyway just thought i'd ramble. And Janna and Kiersten, rest assured that this was all inspired by thoughts of you two tonight in that wonderful place we call the theatre. Break-a-leg Banjanna.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made me tear up on this one...thanks!
...=/
I dont think anyone who wasnt there, will ever understand exactly what PP was and is to us.
People think it's stupid, it's a cult, it's overrated, or best off: It's just HIGHSCHOOL...but it really isnt.
There is no getting that back.
I'll never, ever forget the warm feeling of hearing that Joe B and dylan came to my house one night to steal me from my home, yet I was gone, and the front door was wide open, and I guess, according to them, my dad came up to the door with a funny smirk on his face, taking off gloves..and said something weird (My dad...hehehe) and so then Joe and Dylan concluded my father's profession was that of murdering people and burying them in the backyard..
...ever since then they thought my dad was out for them.
hahahah....*cries all over herself*
I really, really wish I didnt miss that darned black box so much...
Oh sharon, I love how you get it.
I just...I love it.
marshmallows,
janna

Kiersten said...

I'd go back in an instant, as well. As for camping with Bobby... only if it's in a mini-van and Miles agrees to pee in front of a camera multiple times.

Kiersten said...

After reading that, I just HAD to listen to "the good life" by Weezer. awwwwwwwwwwwww, sniff, sniff.

Anonymous said...

Man... I don't even know any of those people and I got tears in my eyes. I felt like I was watching a teen drama movie. Memories like that never fade and we are blessed for that gift. Though I don't think I would ever want to go back to 17 I'm happy to hear that you all have such fond memories of that age.
-Jessica

Sharon said...

wait a shake, i'm confused, is this jessica wergeland or jessica-cari's-roomate??? either would be great, but how do i know who to hug? i guess time will tell. to all of the jessica's: much love (unless your last name begins with a simp and ends in a son) --my apologies carly.