Friday, October 19, 2012

Fridays off.

I love my Fridays off. The house all to myself, and knowing I have 2 more days to relax. Today...Up at 6am, Lamplight in the morning, train whistles, early commuters splashing down the street, green tea, cat cuddling, 1.5 hours at the gym, paint purchasing, Coral Bark Japanese Maple shopping, coffee with Mary, ritual Friday-off Goodwill trip, Baked potatoes for dinner, and now a Cinnamon-Pecan Sour Cream Coffee Cake baking in the oven.

Side note : By the way, if there's one thing I took away from being a Barista for 9 years it is that everyone loves Coffee Cake. It's also very likely that one has everything on hand to make a basic coffee cake (flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, eggs, sour cream, butter, and cinnamon). My secret is that I always double the amount of streusel that my recipe calls for, because that is everyone's favorite part!

No comments: