Now I have two uncles that own Locksmith companies, one cousin who owns another, a second cousin who used to be a locksmith contractor for AAA and my father who has done locksmith work for all of them. You would think a girl with so many key wizards would not have the problems with keys that I have experienced this month!
November 1.Three weeks ago the very tip of our mitsubishi key broke off in the ignition. We were able to drive around in it for two weeks by inserting the broken half, which would match up with the broken piece. Eventually we grew tired of worrying that the broken key would stop working. So, we put good locksmiths to work. After three locksmiths, a new knowledge of key extraction, and seeing my relatives curse and sweat to get the ******* key out, we were told the ignition would need to be replaced. It took a week to get the car back and $388, but we were glad to have our car back.
Friday November 14th. Mary calls me from work telling me that one of our coworkers has her key that she needs to close the shop. I run down to the shop and give Mary my key to use for the weekend. Saturday morning Mary leaves work and forgets to bring my key home with her (which means she left my key in the shop). Sunday Morning 5am. My mother calls telling me that Mary has no key to open up the coffee shop, my boss is out of town, the girl who has Mary's key is not answering her phone, Emily is in Hawaii, Jacky and Janna are sleeping, and my key is locked inside the shop. This went on for about 2 hours as I tried to wake up my coworkers. Fortunately they got the shop open by 9am...only 2 hours late!
Tuesday Afternoon 1:30pm. I get on the 1:30 boat home to Kingston. 2pm arrive in Kingston and walk to my car...realize I left my keys at work! 2:15 get on the boat back to Edmonds. Grab my keys and a pomegranate green tea. 3:05 take the boat back to Kingston, by now the ferry workers are offering me their sympathies as they've seen me 4 times on the boat today.
3:30 pm stop at the gas station to get gas. Get out of the car and attempt to unlock the little gas door....AND NONE OF MY KEYS WILL WORK... call Sean, he says to use the lever that pops it open...attempt is unsuccessful. Talk myself out of throwing my keys across the parking lot. Go home and Sean is able to pry open the gas door.
My advice: Metal expands and contracts...when it starts to get colder, warm your key between your hands before you use it. And learn how to break into things with your bare knuckles.
3 comments:
Insane. I'm so sorry about your key woes!
You know, I can totally see you getting into the art of picking locks. Beau told me that a lot of programmers love doing it because it's like solving a riddle. You, my chess queen, would be brilliant at it, I'm sure. Maybe in the future you could get rid of your keys altogether??
I just realized for the first time that you are a former chess queen in two different ways. I am proud to be paired with you in one :)
awe man, i love you
-janna
Bridge: I will never forget choreographing that scene in your pool and those feather boas, ha!
My favorite:
She can't do Addition,' the Red Queen interrupted. `Can you do
Subtraction? Take nine from eight.'
`Nine from eight I can't, you know,' Alice replied very readily:
`but -- '
`She can't do Subtraction,' said the White Queen. `Can you do
Division? Divide a loaf by a knife -- what's the answer to that?'
`I suppose -- ' Alice was beginning, but the Red Queen answered for her. `Bread-and-butter, of course. Try another Subtraction sum.
Take a bone from a dog: what remains?'
I love you too Banana!
Post a Comment