Monday, December 05, 2005

Weekend highlights:

Watching Cari sing amidst hot cocoa, twinkle lights, red sweaters, college students, my lovely sister Mary, gloves and snowflakes.

Hot chocolate and Pride and Prejudice with sisters Mary and Carolyn and cousins Alicia and Caitlyn: black mail and giggling can only go together with a union of blood.

Midnight snow showers!!!!

Saturday morning in the snow with Sean and his friends Peter, Elizabeth and sister Sara(h)

Coffee by a fire and reading Treasure Island.

Surprising Amber while she is in the act of surprising me. And oh how lovely scented is The Rose of Sharon oil she brought me from Israel. And Tom takes an awful lot of energy to hug, no wonder Amber is so fit!

Snuggling by the fire with the love of my life on a snowy day.

A solitary trip to Barnes and Noble (no Cari, not for crack) ...sitting in the aisle reading, ahhh i love it.

A saucy saturday night with Lacey: Chocolate Cafe!!!! Edna St. Vincent Millan's poetry! Lacey teaching me the tango, rumba and fox trot on the streets of Seattle! Oh and wonderful conversation while sitting on the hood of her little red car.

Spatinis and champagne with 15 wonderful women! Seeing Christ Carnahan Jolly and being once again called Sharon Bubba. Delighting in Amber and vintage clothing. Parrafin waxes. Jelly baths. Nail lofts. Tea. Mimosas. Fruit skewers. Champagne. Earrings. Loving Cari to pieces, and she looks radiant in red!

And the much awaited for viewing of Hans Christian Andersen with the amazing Sean Gregory Swearinger. "Thumbelina, thumbelina, tiny little thing, thumbelina dance, thumbelina sing...."

1 comment:

Amber said...

I've always felt you reminded me of someone and finally thought I'd pinpointed it. I told Thomas you reminded me of Snow White. He said oh no, Sharon is more like Cinderella - or actually Wendy. I disagreed, because Wendy is rather proper and a little stuffy. We pondered this for a moment and then decided - you make an excellent Tinkerbell.

If I were a director, I would cast you for any of those roles. You are loved, my sparkle-dust friend! Have a wonderful day!